Job Description/Duties and Responsibilities Overview
Position: Youth Pastor
Reviewed and Revised by the Personnel Committee May 2023
Status: Full time
Position reports to: Senior Pastor
Direct Reports: Youth Ministry Intern
It is expected that all employees will be professing Christians who support the vision of Eastern Heights Baptist Church. It is also expected that each employee will fully recognize and uphold the right of all church members to expect absolute confidentiality as this regards any information the employee may obtain concerning the interaction between the church and any individual in their financial and personal lives.
Job description: Provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the Youth Ministry at EHBC so that students can experience a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
Overview of Duties/Responsibilities:
● Create and execute a long-term church aligned vision for EHBC’s youth ministry.
● Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
● Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities. ∙ Promote an environment where all students feel connected to each other as a church family; where each student is valued and celebrated regardless of where they are in their personal walk with Christ.
● Create ministry environments for all major levels of spiritual development (reaching unsaved youth, discipling saved youth, providing opportunities for youth to serve in appropriate ministry areas)
● Ensure safe and healthy classroom/small group environments ∙ Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
● Promote the unity, direction and vision of EHBC by participating in staff and leadership meetings.
● Develop a full year calendar that will accomplish our mission and vision as a ministry as well as complement our mission and vision as a church. ∙ Carefully plan and manage the Youth Ministry budgets
● Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
● Other duties as required.
● Gifted and called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for reaching and teaching youth grades 6-12.
● 2-3 years prior professional leadership experience in a growing youth ministry preferred
● Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background who is in agreement with EHBC’s Statement of Faith (Baptist Faith & Message).
● Well organized and a responsible leader.
● Possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (Seminary preferred), experience in youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
● Willing to become an engaged member of the EHBC community. ∙ Thrives within a team environment; with the pastoral staff, the deacons, church staff, administrative team and volunteers.
● Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
● Possesses qualities needed for teen ministry; i.e., has a sense of humor, energetic, and authentic.
● Possesses competent computer skills & familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to youth.
● Lead staff efforts to maintain the youth ministry social media presence i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
● Has basic experience working with AV, multimedia, tech and presentation software.
Continuing Education Requirements:
● Attend youth leader conferences to stay current with new developments in youth ministry.
● Network with community youth leaders.